DR/VFI – For mainframe data protection
DR/VFI enables the automatic identification, backup, and recovery of files vital to mission-critical applications-such as tape and disk files. Proven to protect the application environment, this integrated recovery management solution is designed to deliver a global view of your critical data-as well as that data's backups at the application level.
Our new DR/VFI v4.3 release delivers mainframe organizations with additional insight, protection and assurance related to their critical enterprise data.
- In-flight Job Identification capabilities for replicated environments to identify jobs in process if replication fails. This provides valuable insight into exactly where a recovery process should start based on what jobs and datasets were open at the time of the application break.
- Real-Time SMF Extractor reads SMF data for critical file usage and feeds it to our powerful third-generation Analysis Engine to determine file update and backup requirements-even for data that changes often, like batch applications.
Five Critical Business Areas where DR/VFI Delivers Real Value
21st Century Software customers regularly report their overwhelming satisfaction with the vast technical benefits of DR/VFI. Its real-time monitoring and analysis capabilities and recovery simulations put DR/VFI at the top of its class.
However, business and financial executives are often interested to learn about the true business value that DR/VFI delivers as a result of its technical excellence. With stockholder outcry from data loss and high fines from lack of regulatory compliance, disaster recovery and business continuity have become critical issues from the data center to the executive suite.
DR/VFI is uniquely positioned to show real value to the business in five specific areas:
1. Provides business recoverability insight
2. Contributes to reduced TCO of existing resources
3. Reduces exposure to regulatory compliance reporting and audibility concerns
4. Supports strategic IT initiatives to drive the business
5. Align availability and recovery goals with business
Read more by downloading Five Critical Business Areas where DR/VFI Delivers Real Value on the right side of this page.